In the Hearts of Giants, will go on sale featuring 199 beautiful images, including 73 pictures submitted by amateur photographers capturing October’s incredible Liverpool’s Dream event. Tony McDonough reports
A limited edition book featuring images from Liverpool’s Giants spectacular in October will go on sale at the end of this week.
An incredible 1.3m people took to the streets of Liverpool and Wirral during a four-day period to see Liverpool’s Dream, featuring huge figures – the Giant, the Little BoyGiant, Xolo and the Little Girl Giant – operated by French street theatre company Royal de Luxe.
Shortly afterwards, Liverpool City Council appealed for members of the the public to submit their images for a new book chronicling the amazing event. Within days, more than 3,000 images had been submitted.
On Friday, November 23, the 104-page glossy book, In the Hearts of Giants, will go on sale featuring 199 beautiful images, including 73 pictures submitted by the amateur snappers with the rest from six professional photographers, priced at £9.99.
To celebrate the release of the book, the photographers whose images are showcased, will get the first glimpse of their work in print on Thursday, November 22 at 3pm, at St George’s Hall – the venue where the story all began with a sleeping Little Boy Giant.
Deputy Mayor and cabinet member for culture, tourism and events, Councillor Wendy Simon, said: “Liverpool’s Dream was an incredible moment in this city’s history. More than six weeks on, and people are still talking to me about the Giants and how proud they are of this city for its ability and commitment to staging events of this scale.”
Where In the Hearts of Giants can be purchased:
- Liverpool Tourist Information Centre, British Music Experience, Ground Floor Cunard Building, Water Street.
- Liverpool Tourist Information Centre, Central Library, William Brown Street.
- Waterstones, College Lane, Liverpool One.
- St Johns Shopping Centre, first floor.
- World Museum, William Brown St.
- Museum of Liverpool, Pier Head.
- Mersey Ferries, No 1 Mann Island, Liverpool.
- Doubletree Hilton Liverpool, 6 Sir Thomas Street.
- Novotel Liverpool, 40 Hanover Street.
- Literally Book Shop, 12 Atherton Street, New Brighton.
- Linghams Book Shop, 248 Telegraph Road, Heswall, Wirral.
- Waterstones Birkenhead,188-192 Grange Road.
- Waterstones Chester, 14 Eastgate Street.
You can also buy the book online, along with official Giants merchandise, by clicking here. In the Hearts of Giants has been produced in partnership with Royal de Luxe and Newhall Publishing.