Get your entries in for the Mersey Maritime Awards 2018
Organiser of the awards, Mersey Maritime, is this week inviting entries for the 2018 ceremony which will take place on March 8 and promises to be the biggest and best yet with the theme of ‘Making Waves Globally’
Liverpool city region’s world class maritime sector is worth billions annually to the local economy and so the annual Mersey Maritime Awards is one of the biggest events in the business calendar.
Organiser of the awards, Mersey Maritime, is this week inviting entries for the 2018 ceremony which will take place on March 8 and promises to be the “biggest and best yet”.
Now in their fourth year, the awards celebrate excellence and achievement in the maritime sector and were welcoming back four ‘Diamond’ sponsors – Beech Group, Liverpool John Moores University, Peel Ports Group & Stream Marine Training (SMT).
Each of the award categories are also fully sponsored. People wishing to attend can also now buy tickets for the event.
Being held at Liverpool FC famous Anfield stadium, the theme for this year’s awards is ‘Making Waves Globally’ – based around the fact Liverpool city region is trading on a global scale and leading the way in terms of infrastructure investment, innovation, and connectivity both nationally and with the rest of the world.
The level of interest in the awards has already been outstanding and Mersey Maritime is expecting the number of nominations to be larger than ever.
There are now 12 award categories with the addition of the National Impact Award for 2018. As always, the judges will be considering who could be the potential candidate for this year’s Maritime Ambassador, taking the award total up to 13.
The categories for the Mersey Maritime Awards 2018, are:
- Business of the Year– Sponsored by Stream Marine Training
- SME of the Year – Sponsored be Royal HaskoningDHV
- Micro Business of the Year – Sponsored by MTC
- National Impact Award – Sponsored by Maritime UK
- Rising Star Award – Sponsored by Liverpool John Moores University
- Engineering Company of the Year – Sponsored by RSM
- Best Newcomer – Sponsored by Stellamar
- Innovation Award – Sponsored by Peel Ports Group
- Freight & Logistics Award – Sponsored by Seatruck
- Global Reach Award – Sponsored by NatWest
- Maritime Professional Services Award – Sponsored by Tilney
- Positive Impact Award – Sponsored by Associated British Ports (ABP)
- Maritime Ambassador of the Year** – Sponsored by Beech Group