Law firm Weightmans creates 11 new partners
In addition to the partner promotions, Liverpool-based Weightmans has promoted three people to legal director, 28 to principal associate and 43 solicitors to associate
Liverpool law firm Weightmans has created 11 new partners – five of them at its Liverpool office.
In addition to the partner promotions, Weightmans has promoted three people to legal director, 28 to principal associate and 43 solicitors to associate – a total of 85 promoted this month. The new partners are:
- Katie Price, Birmingham, disease
- Sarah Hopwood, Birmingham, healthcare
- Louise Mutch, Liverpool, large loss
- Simon Forster, Manchester, large loss
- Sam Gittoes, Liverpool,motor
- Sarah Walker, Birmingham, WTE
- Martin English, Liverpool, regulatory
- Lee Rogers, Liverpool, employment
- Jon Gregson, Liverpool, employment
- Andrew Forrest, Birmingham, employment
- Amy Nesbitt, Newcastle, litigation
These are the first partner promotions since 2019, which come following a year of unexpected challenges and opportunities as Weightmans sought new ways of working to help clients and colleagues through the COVID-19 pandemic.
Managing partner John Schorah said: “The last year has seen many challenges, taking measures to preserve people’s jobs at a period of great uncertainty but still maintaining the quality and exceptional levels of service our clients come to us for.
“We worked quickly to ensure we responded to new demands and identified emerging opportunities. Our people worked tirelessly throughout, and the support we have had from them is nothing short of inspiring.
“I would like to congratulate our new partners, principal associates, legal directors and associates for their achievement, with some of them being with us right from the beginning of their careers.”