Liverpool Law Society reveals awards winners
Nine awards were handed out at the Liverpool Law Society 2023 Legal Awards and annual dinner. Tony McDonough reports
Liverpool Law Society has revealed the winners of its 2023 Legal Awards at its annual dinner in Liverpool city centre.
Held at the Crowne Place hotel on the city’s waterfront, the awards recognised firms and individuals who have “demonstrated exceptional commitment to their clients and the legal profession”.
The judging panel was impressed with all those shortlisted and those who won. It said: “Many had glowing testimonials from clients and peers, which is testament to the fantastic work going on in and around Liverpool.”
President of Liverpool Law Society, Jeremy Myers, said: “Many congratulations to all our worthy winners.
“Our Liverpool region has a fantastic wealth of talented lawyers and these awards showcase many of them. We should remember that there are also many people working under the publicity radar whose skills and contributions are equally valued.”
The winners of Liverpool Law Society’s 2023 Legal Awards are:
- Law Firm Award (100+ employees) – Brabners
- Law Firm Award (1-99 employees) – Maria Fogg Family Law
- Outstanding Lawyer Award – Emma Charnock from Provenio Litigation
- Equality Diversity & Inclusion Award – Jackson Lees Group – Inclusion & Wellbeing Team
- Highly Commended in the Equality Diversity & Inclusion Award – Taylor Wessing
- Rising Star Award – Harriet Hansen from Peter Edwards Law
- Outstanding Team Award (Dispute Resolution & Litigation) – MSB Solicitors (Social Housing & Regeneration)
- Outstanding Team Award (Non-Contentious) – Bell Lamb & Joynson Solicitors
- Outstanding Team Award (Family Law) – JMW Solicitors
At the annual dinner, members and guests heard from the Lord-Lieutenant of Merseyside, Mark Blundell, about his journey into the law and his subsequent duties escorting royal visitors to the area once in post as the monarch’s representative.
There was a collection for the President’s nominated charity, the Spinal Unit Action Group, a small charity based in Southport.
It supports patients who undergo lengthy treatment and rehabilitation following a devastating, irrevocable and life changing spinal cord injury, and their families.
Sponsors of the events were Document Direct, Dye & Durham, Fazenda, Index PI, Landmark Information, Liverpool John Moores University, Miller Insurance and the University of Law.