Liverpool’s Hilton Hotel set to reopen to guests

Earlier this week the Government said it was lifting some of the restrictions imposed due to the coronavirus crisis and it means the Hilton Liverpool can welcome guests once again. Tony McDonough reports

Hilton Hotel
The Hilton Hotel in Liverpool city centre

 

One of Liverpool’s leading hotels, the Hilton, is to reopen on Saturday, July 4.

Earlier this week the Government said it was lifting some of the restrictions imposed due to the coronavirus crisis with hospitality businesses being allowed to open, with strict social distancing, from early next month.

The Hilton, part of the Liverpool One complex and opposite the Royal Albert Dock, has implemented a range of new safety measures along with what it calls some  “innovative additions” to allow guests to return safely.

General manager Marcus Magee and his team have been working behind the scenes during lockdown to ensure that the 215-room venue is in pristine condition and ready to welcome guests back.

A ‘CleanStay’ policy from check in to check out has been instigated. These measures will include:

  • A contactless arrival experience – utilising mobile digital access and check out facility.
  • A ‘CleanStay’ room seal across the room door, confirming that the room has been deep cleaned, frequently used touch surfaces sanitised.
  • House-keeping services will be upon guest request. Guests wishing for the room to remain for their personal use only will also have the option to received fresh linen and towels in sealed bags left outside of the room. Sanitising solution will be available for guest use.
  • Public spaces will be cleaned frequently and seating in accordance with government guidelines.
  • Biodegradable, disposable dishes and utensils will be available upon request.

Hilton’s meetings and events programme will commence attention to detail according to Hilton’s ‘Event Ready with CleanStay’ standards. It has also joined forces with local distillers Love Lane Brewery and doubled its outside terracing capacity which can now accommodate more than 100 guests. Two giant screens have also been installed.

Mr Magee said: “Myself and my team have left no stone unturned to make sure that our prestigious hotel is ready to open the doors, receive our guests and deliver the service we are renowned for. 

“Every decision we have made has been to safeguard our team, protect our guests and provide our customers with the confidence to relax and enjoy their stay with us. Our hotel is in pristine condition and we are counting the days to when we can once again be a hub of activity right in the heart of one of the best cities in the world.”

You might also like More from author

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.