Starship secures cash for £4m Wirral Waters scheme

Modular homes developer Starship raises necessary finance to proceed with £4m Egerton Village scheme at Wirral Waters. Tony McDonough reports

Egerton Village
Egerton Village is a £4m scheme planned for Wirral Waters to be built by Starship


Modular builder Starship will press ahead with plans to build the £4m Egerton Village at Wirral Waters after securing the necessary finance.

Last week LBN reported that Starship, which specialises in the construction of factory-built modular homes, was keen to take on Egerton Village which will comprise restaurants, shops and art studios.

Peel L&P, owner of Liverpool Waters, secured planning consent for Egerton Village in 2019. It has been designed to service the growing number of homes being built in the East Float neighbourhood.

Wirral Council has offered to fund 40% of the development from the Wirral Waters Investment Fund. However, this was conditional on Starship demonstrating that it could raise the remaining 60% cost.

Now the company, which itself is based at Wirral Waters, has satisfied the council that it can fund the project using a mixture of its own cash and bank finance.

In 2022, Starship relocated its head office to Hythe, the grade A office building at Wirral Waters. The low carbon developer and modular housing manufacturer also moved its entire manufacturing arm to the Mea Park neighbourhood of Wirral Waters.

Simon Humphreys, director of Starship Regeneration, said: “Egerton Village will be an amazing new quayside destination and gateway into Wirral Waters and only by committing to partnership working can we deliver these ambitious and exciting projects.

“It will be a focal point at the heart of Wirral Waters providing valuable local amenities for this emerging neighbourhood.

READ MORE: Evoke enjoys 37% rise in sales in ‘challenging year’

“We are really excited about the future at Wirral Waters, which is why we are committed to investing in this project and working with our partners Peel Waters to accelerate projects such as this and help create real change across the Left Bank of the Mersey.”

Richard Mawdsley, director of development for Wirral Waters, added: “Egerton Village is a really important development for Wirral Waters.

“It is another jigsaw piece in the Four Bridges neighbourhood that will bring in much needed amenities to the area, including ancillary retailers, a café, restaurants, and workspace.”

You might also like More from author

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Username field is empty.